Many clear rounds and a lot of excitement – Saturday evening’s last show jumping class had 31 riders fighting for the top spot. At the end, the winning performance came from Switzerland when Martin Fuchs on Viper Z was fastest against the clock and topped International 150 cm presented by Finnlines.
The winner enjoys riding in Helsinki and was very happy about his victory.
“It’s amazing to win here in Helsinki, I love the show and I love the crowd. I was twice second already this weekend I was really bummed about it – I really wanted one win this year at Helsinki International Horse Show”.
“I already tried to win the class before this but the French was too fast again. So it was really cool to win now and it’s also amazing to have two such young Finnish riders in the top seventh”, Fuchs said, also complementing the home riders.
Ahead of tomorrow’s World Cup, the Swiss is feeling excited.
“I will try my best, I’ll ride Commissar Pezi in the World Cup. He was very good last week in Oslo and he has felt great this week so I hope to be in the jump off and then try my best from there”.
The top three once again fit almost within one second from each other with Leopold van Asten of Nerherlands and VDL Groep Urane de Talma taking the second place and home rider Eveliina Talvio on Glamour thrilling the home crowd by placing third.
“It feels amazing! Glamour really did her best, so all thanks to my horse. This is very special, especially for a Finnish rider here in front of the home crowd”, Talvio told clearly happy after the competition.
Finland’s young talent, Jone Illi on Celtas Quillian, made his debut at the 150 cm level and did a great round placing 7th.
International 150 cm presented by Finnlines
Finnlines International 150 cm, against the clock. Starts 31, placings 12
1) Martin Fuchs – Viper Z, SUI 0/60,90
2) Leopold van Asten – VDL Groep Urane de Talma, NED 0/61,47
3) Eveliina Talvio – Glamour, FIN 0/61,91
4) Philipp Schulze Topphoff – Avantus 4, GER 0/62,14
5) Lorenzo de Luca – Violino Il Palazetto, ITA 0/62,26
6) Daniel Deusser – Otello de Guldenboom, GER 0/66,36
7) Jone Illi – Celtas Quillian, FIN 0/69,03
8) Mario Stevens – Starissa, GER 0/69,65,
9) Jens Fredricson – El Barone 111 Z, SWE 0/70,04
10) Caroline Rehoff Pedersen – Calvin 115, DEN 0/73,02
11) Ignace Philips De Vuyst – Jasper, BEL 0/76,83
12) Wilm Vermeir – Dirina O.H. Z, BEL 4/62,58